The proposed solution for our research is:
1. the first solution is to prevent corrosion and we can make that by coating the stainless steel, we have a lot of coating methods and these are one of the most used methods in the industry:
2. set up monitoring of tests for the state of corrosion inside the pipes, the monitoring is done by defining a spectrum of permissible values for the water and the resistance of the water when we detect a jump from that spectrum, this will be a sign that the corrosion is critical inside the pipes and it should be immersed in it.
3. Plan follow-up periodic inspections, especially for the inner walls of containers and pipes, so that it does not cause failure.
4. connect the lead to the ground with the pipes, in this way, we reset the potential difference and prevent corrosion.
5. Make an inner layer from a material like aluminum that produces a passive layer that protects the pipes from the inside
6. we decided to choose martensitic stainless steel because of:
After that, we looked for the best martensitic stainless steel, and we found that the best one suitable for our requirements is the S44004 stainless steel
The Chemical Composition of S44004 martensitic stainless steel are:
The Physical properties of S44004 martensitic stainless steel are:
The mechanical properties of S44004 martensitic stainless steel are: